Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feb 24 2009

Lunch

Chen's Village
Today I tried to order the thing my friend ordered a few weeks ago that looked so good, and I got something entirely different that was totally uninteresting. This was possibly because I am white and he is Asian or it is possibly because I ordered the wrong thing. I'm not sure which. Anyway it was supposed to be beef noodle soup and it was supposed to be spicy, but instead it was a bowl of broth and noodles with a serving of Mongolian Beef dumped on top. It wasn't horrible, but it sure wasn't all that great either.
For years I've sworn that I would only order one of about three things here, because everything else is terrible. The last two visits have proven my beliefs correct.

Dinner

Kau Kau Barbeque
That's right, twice in a week! I had to take Maika too. Char siu, side pork, and pork ribs. We ate it at home with rice and brussels sprouts. It was excellent.

No comments: